- ""Wonders Made by Man". By Lomas Longstrider. A gift from Rodrik."
- ―Mira Forrester
In the books
In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, "Wonders Made by Man" records nine man-made wonders of the world, although only eight have been confirmed in-universe so far. These include:
- The Wall
- The Valyrian roads
- The Titan of Braavos
- The triple walls of Qarth
- The three bells of Norvos
- The Long Bridge of Volantis
- The Palace With a Thousand Rooms in Sarnath
- The Great Pyramid of Ghis
There has also been speculation regarding candidates for the ninth wonder. These include:
- The Hightower of Oldtown
- The Five Forts, a series of immense fortifications along the northeastern border of Yi Ti
Tyrion Lannister is an avid reader of Lomas Longstrider. When he was younger, Tyrion received copies of both of Longstrider's books- "Wonders Made by Man" and "Wonders", the latter of which records wonders of the natural world- as gifts from his uncle and has memorized numerous passages from them.