Hi. My edit of 'Sweetling' in Sansa's AKA section was removed and I was just wondering why. I put it back in and it has again been taken out, though I assume this is down to the 'edit war' thing which I wasn't even aware existed until I saw the edit history. I had no intention of starting one and apologize for that. Really all I want to know is why you felt it needed to be removed in the first place. Is there a specific reason or have I missed something? It's just Petyr Baelish does refer to Sansa as Sweetling in both the books and the show, we probably hear sweetling just as much as little dove, maybe even more. Thanks. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cordelialear (talk • contribs)
- Because it's not a nickname or alias. I don't believe I mentioned any edit war. --Potsk (talk) 13:24, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
- "Edit war" means re-posting an edit after it was deleted by another user/administrator, which is not allowed. In such case you should contact an administrator and explain why you think your edit is correct. Since you were unaware for that, you will not be sanctioned, and your apology is accepted.
- Now, for the edit: Potsk correctly reverted your edit. "Sweetling", referring to Sansa, is used only as a word of affection, not as a nickname (in contrast to one of the Brave Companions, known as "Raff the Sweetling").
- In order to consider a word/phrase as a nickname/alias for a specific character and add it to the "Also known as" section, various characters should use it at least several times, and not just as an expression of affection/mockery. Therefore, for instance, the phrase "she-wolf" cannot be added to Catelyn's infobox, because only one character (Jaime) called her that.
- I agree that the nicknames "little dove" and "little bird" are mentioned seldom, but it is enough for adding them to Sansa's infobox.
- The fact that Littlefinger uses the word when addressing Sansa in the novels does not make a difference. Theon, for instance, is nicknamed "the Turncloak" in the novels, but it cannot be add to his infobox, because no character called Theon that in the show. Moonracer (talk) 13:39, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
About the recent edit you made to Barristan Selmy's article: I remember that several characters call him "Ser Grandfather" in the books, but in which episodes of the TV show he is referred to by that phrase? Moonracer (talk) 11:42, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
- I don't remember but I think it was in season 4 or early 5, during one of Daenerys's council meetings. It was a short reference to the books and easy to miss. I searched transcripts but can't find it, so I'll remove it and add it back if I find the dialogue. --Potsk (talk) 11:55, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
Re: UCP - Recent changes loading
Hi there, thank you for letting me know about the trouble with Recent Changes loading. I'm looking into it and will forward the issue to our programmers. Can you give me any additional information on the issue? When I load the page, it takes a moment to load, but it's seconds not minutes, so I'm unable to duplicate the problem. Any additional information will be helpful. What browser are you using? – KylaraE (talk) 20:06, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
- Firefox. --Potsk (talk) 20:44, 21 January 2021 (UTC)
Hi there. KylaraE - our community manager - has been working on a new wordmark for us at my request. What do you think of the proposed version so far? I thought it might be nice to include the name of the new show in the wiki logo, but Id like to know how others feel about it. - 20:53, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
- I like it, but I'm not sure if the red fits with our current color theme. --Potsk (talk) 08:41, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- Well the eventual goal is to have a dual color theme with HotD related templates and things being dark red, like so and GoT ones being the teal blue they currently are. The wider wiki-theme will likely be upgraded in due course to be more HotD related once we start getting promotional materials from the new show to work with. - 15:22, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
Don't know if you saw, but I responded at the talk pages of both Janei Lannister and Theresa Baratheon. Also nice work on the transcript of the Lineages and Histories book! Pelledrine (talk) 14:53, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- I saw. Makes sense! --Potsk (talk) 15:26, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
Hi Potsk. The wiki is currently holding our first official community discussion in our newly founded open forum - the Small Council Chambers. This discussion involves the future of our Telltale video game related content, and specifically whether or not we continue hosting it here. We would like as many members of the community tobe involved as possible, so please make sure to have your say! Thanks. - 12:30, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for reaching out about this. Can you tell me a bit more about this issue? Please include:
- Desktop or mobile editor
- Browser you're using
- Which editor you're using (VisualEditor, VisualEditor - source mode, or Source editor)
- A specific description of the issue with steps to reproduce
Then I can look into it further to see what's going on, and possibly get a bug ticket filed. Let me know, thanks.
- Desktop, Firefox, Source editor. I don't know what you mean by "specific description of the issue". I already told you the whole issue: there is no spellcheck feature. --Potsk (talk) 09:23, 11 May 2021 (UTC)