In case you people have forgotten, this wiki operates under the same rules as the rest of them.
Vandals are not the law.
I AM THE LAW.
Lord of Game of Thrones Wiki
The Dragon does not ask, it demands.
"There is difference between a grub
and a butterfly; yet your butterfly was a grub.
This Martius is grown from man to Dragon:
he has wings; he is more than a creeping thing."
- -- Coriolanus, Act V, Scene IV
"I took the Canal Zone, and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also." -- Theodore Roosevelt
"Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps." -- Mordin, Mass Effect 2
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
- -- Salvor Hardin, Foundation
"Citizens of the United States, it is our holy duty to defend against the foreign hordes!" -- Zachary Hale Comstock "Burden not Columbia with your chaff."
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -- Leeroy Jenkins
"Adam Friedberg is a visionary". -- George R. R. Martin
To Do List
I do what needs to be done:
- House Targaryen related topics
- Culture-related topics
- World-building topics in general
- Season 1 rewatch and revamp
- Season 2 rewatch and revamp
- Finish screencapping the Complete Guide to Westeros Seasons 1 and 2, and summaries for Season 2 (and Season 1 War of Conquest onwards).
- Actively enforce policy on using standard American English throughout all articles. I can no longer idly sit back and allow incorrect instances of "favourite", "colour", "realise", and "aluminium".
- Remove all instances of single apostrophe marks used instead of actual quotation marks. First, this distorts wiki-code by italicizing or bolding things by accident. Second, it is simply incorrect grammar by the standards of American English.
- Actively enforce proper use of the serial comma: "Targaryen, Stark, and Lannister", not "Targaryen, Stark and Lannister". Are Starks and Lannisters a conceptual unit? Paired in any way? No. So why omit the comma that separates these two items?
I actually started adding material here in late June 2011, right after the Season 1 finale (and around the wiki's one year anniversary). At the time I was just using an anonymous account. I eventually decided that if I was contributing as much as I was I should have a username, which I created ten months later in April 2012 (just after Season 2 started). Hence the discrepancy between when it says I "joined" as this account, and when I "started adding material".
All Hail the Mother of Dragons
Daenerys of House Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, rightful Queen of Westeros.