I gutted about what we saw last night in S6 Ep3 "Oathbreaker". Does anyone else think that it might be a fake.
I am also hoping that we see Nymeria before the show ends, and that she is reunited with Aryan.
In the books (and possibly the tv show too), Aryan heard stories about a pack of wolves, led by a massive age-old hunting in the woods. It is my hope that this is Nymeria; that she has bred with some regular wolf and that it was one of her offspring that Umber presented in this episode. Thereby, meaning that Shaggydog and Nymeria are still alive.
Nymeria is definately alive. In books, it shows more clearly all Starks, not just Bran, are wargs and shows many times where Arya warg into Nymeria. I think the reason Nymeria doesn't appear is that it is not important to main story and direwolf scene are hard and costly. Honestly for that reason, I expected Ghost to die when Jon resurrected since price for a life should be a life and the producers don't have to worry about Ghost anymore. Well, Ghost did survived and get to be on the show but for Nymeria I think she survived but won't be on the show anymore.
Nymeria hasn't been seen since she ran off in S1 in the show, and with Arya off in Braavos, I personally find it somewhat unlikely that she'll turn up again...So as far as what we're going to see in the show, Ghost seems to be the only one that's still around.
From the first episode, I always thought there was a huge connexion between the wolves and the Stark's young generation :
- Lady had to pay without being at fault, like Sansa who constantly had to pay for others décision (scapegoat for Joffrey, forcefully married to Tyrin & Ramsey) .
- Grey Wind died the same night Robb did, he even "fuse" with the body of his owner in an awful way.
-Shaggydog, seems to have been captured than killed, and guess who is captured now ? (fyi : Rickon)
- Summer is quite troublesome to link (mostly because his death was not so long ago) , he sacrifice himself, to protect the others, my guess is, Hodor's death, bran will feel double time guilty, because he crushed the life of Hodor by controling him (by a perfectly time-loop effect I didn't thought I would see in GoT) and because hodor sacrificed himself, not so completly willingly. That guilt may cause a part of bran to die, just like Summer was to him.
I don't think his death means bran's one because he has an enormous plot potential, his death would only be a waste (just like Jon's was).
- When Nymeria being thrown away, was a realy huge default in my theory until some time ago when we learned the she must throw herself away to become a faceless man.
- and last but not least : Ghost (who due to other theory on Jon I believe is absolutely not from the same blood of the other) was always by Jon's side except when he couldn't be himself.
DrachenRitter42 wrote: Nymeria hasn't been seen since she ran off in S1 in the show, and with Arya off in Braavos, I personally find it somewhat unlikely that she'll turn up again...So as far as what we're going to see in the show, Ghost seems to be the only one that's still around.
I think she may appear again when Arya return to the seven kingdoms. Probably wouldn't be a regular character like Ghost but it would be a scene to overlap Arya jumping off the ship and Nymeria show up out of woods with pack of wolves.
Ned slit Lady's throat on-screen. I think it's pretty safe to say she's dead. Also, considering Nymeria ran off I am entirely certain that Cersei would have demanded to see the animal's corpse for herself, rendering any subterfuge of the kind impossible.
From what I have heard, Cersei in the books demanded Lady's pelt, but Ned refused and she was taken back to Winterfell and buried there.
Well in the show she isn't shown dead or getting killed, we only see ned walk towards her we hear her whine but the camera is on bran in his bed
Lady is definitely dead. It's more clear in the books cuz in the books, we could see through the dire wolves' POV. In Ghost and Summer's POV, they said that they 'could no longer sense their sister'. It was the same when Grey Wind died, in which Jon, who was in Ghost the night before, knew that his dire wolf knew Grey Wind died cuz he could no longer feel him.