The fifth episode of the eighth season of Game of Thrones premiered on May 12, 2019. It was the seventy-second episode of the series overall. It was written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss and directed by Miguel Sapochnik.
Daenerys grieves while Tyrion has his concerns. Cersei and Euron brace themselves for the imminent battle. Jon and Davos observe the Dothraki and Unsullied as they muster before the Golden Company at the gates of King's Landing.
In King's Landing
- Harry Strickland
- Euron Greyjoy
- Sandor Clegane
- Gregor Clegane
- Jaime Lannister
- Cersei Lannister
- 10 of 18 starring cast members appear in this episode.
- Annabel Brook, Andrew Burford, Yusuf Chaudhri, Nick Chopping, Adam Collins, Josh Dyer, Andrew Eadie, Rachael Evelyn, Pete Ford, Luke Gomes, Dan Griffiths, Rob Hayns, Michael Homick, Rowley Irlam, Kye Mckee, Jason Oettle, Juliet Reeve, Shane Roberts, Anna Stephenson, Ryan Stuart, Laura Swift, Andy Wareham, and Ben Wright were stunt performers in this episode.
- Due to concerns about spoilers, HBO is only releasing the titles of Season 8 episodes the moment they start airing - meaning that Game of Thrones Wiki can only make up accurate episode titles for each one as they are revealed.
- Two long-standing fan theories are proven true in this episode: "Cleganebowl," the showdown between Sandor and Gregor Clegane, and Mad Queen Daenerys.
- Winterfell and Last Hearth both appear in the Title sequence despite not appearing in the episode while Dragonstone once again does not appear despite being a major setting for the battle.
In the books
[This section will be updated with comparisons when the sixth and seventh novels are released.]