Inappropriate...and disturbing photo
I think this photo is rather inappropriate for the season 4 section. It's fine with the other photo on Oberyn's page where we see both of the champions laying on the ground from a distant view, but looking at Oberyn's face being crushed feels wrong and some viewers might find it disturbing. The website I'm uploading my images from haven't updated with new episode 8 images, so if anyone else have access, could we change the angle where we see The Mountain on top of Oberyn's body instead? Just a thought... – The Snow Prince (talk) 19:09, June 2, 2014 (UTC)
- The photo should be removed...not because there is any such thing as "inappropriate and disturbing" in a screencap which is accurate to what occurred in an episode....but because of limited space issues. The paragraph/section about Gregor's duel with Oberyn would be better served by photos of actual fighting from it, and we can only fit 2-3 image thumbnails around there. Don't delete the image outright, just put it somewhere more appropriate or in a gallery.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 21:38, June 2, 2014 (UTC)
He is not alive
The quote at the top of the page should probably be changed — or at least modified — to minimize the inevitability of spoilers for those who have not watched the show yet. It's one thing to have spoilers listed under Biography, but if someone just pulls up this page, there's no way for them to avoid immediately discovering that Oberyn dies at the Mountain's hands.
Why is the Gregor page locked from editing?
Any reason why his specific page is locked and not allowing any edits?
Why is this page blocked from editing?
Guys, the page is locked so can someone please put his status as "Alive" because during the last episode "the children" he was on the table, and albeit unconscious/comatose, he is clearly mentioned as being alive even though critically injured, thast why qyburn treats him... so his current status is "Alive" indeed. Sorry for insisting haha but again, he is mentioned by cersei and qyburn as being "treatable" albeit with "weird methods" so please change..... this thank you... EDIT Even if he isnt seen or mentioned in season 5 his status should be stil left as alive until any further info is available, the tv show is known to have changed status of characters in the books, some that died in book are alive here and some that are alive in book are dead in tv show and so on, so the status should be changed and kept. Sorry for bother
188.8.131.52 18:40, September 9, 2014 (UTC)Mike
- Let's leave him as "uncertain" for now - with the current description that he is "being operated on by Qyburn" -- if they're anything like the books in Season 5, Qyburn will make off-hand mentions that he is "working" on Gregor, implying that he is not dead - at which point we'll switch him back to "Alive" for argument's sake.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 02:13, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Well it would've been better to put him as "Alive" from here on, as I repeat he actually is not dead, but let's do it your way for now until we have further info. I only ask you to remove the part where it says "mortally wounded" and switch it with "critically injured" because yes he was sliced and diced and poison, but we do not know yet if they are mortal because we know the TV show is not fully canonical to the book. Thank you 184.108.40.206 16:48, September 16, 2014 (UTC)Mike
- I reopen this topic, I have confirmation he is Alive as of "The Children". I rewatched the episode and they talked about him as being alive and you can clearly see him breathing. Please change his status to alive, this is more than sufficient evidence. Thank you
- 220.127.116.11 16:07, September 29, 2014 (UTC)Mike
- Thank you. 18.104.22.168 16:51, September 29, 2014 (UTC)Mike
Murdering of the royal family
In "Background" it's written that Amory Lorch killed Princess Rhaenys, but this is a information from the books, in the TV-series all murders (Elia, Aegon, Rhaenys) it was said by Oberyn that Gregor did that. Shouldn't that be changed? --Exodianecross (talk) 22:57, January 26, 2015 (UTC)
Should we change his status to "undead"? If we're pretty sure Gregor is Ser Robert Strong, and his eyes are pale greenish flesh, and Qyburn is believed to be a necromancer while Pycelle said Gregor was beyond saving, isn't it pretty clear he's a zombie now? Ghostkaiba297 (talk) 17:32, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
Definitely not, if you bothered watching the show carefully he was never shown ore mentioned to be dead. His skull also wasn't shipped to Dorne and Qyburn only mentioned the process would change him, which does not happen in the books. He remained alive in the tv continuity as mentioned and shown several times, and the pale greenish hue may be due to the experimentation, meaning he was not resurrected and thus remains alive.22.214.171.124 19:20, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
Hey guys, I noticed that Ser Gregor's picture was changed to his new self in Kingsguard armor with full helmet.... given that we always normally strive to show character faces on their page when possible, I think it would be better to return to his old picture where his full body and face was shown, as this is more accurate for arguments sake and also we know that its him and what he looks like, and only seeing his weird eyes under his helm doesnt really tell us anything, thus i think we should go back to his old picture. Thoughts?126.96.36.199 18:48, June 15, 2015 (UTC)Condor
Yeah, you're right but please consider taking my advice and reverting it to the old one until we get to see a new full face picture of him (if we ever do) this is just so he still has an identity. Take, as a dumb example, a burn victim. His scars dont change who he is and his identity, therefore we should keep ser gregors original looks to identify him as such. I know im making a big deal of it but id like it changed for the sake of accuracy and perception haha so please do if you agree188.8.131.52 19:02, June 15, 2015 (UTC)