Mycah was a butcher's son who befriended Arya Stark.
When he is encountered by Joffrey Baratheon practicing sword-fighting with Arya Stark, Joffrey bullies him for 'pretending to be a knight'. Despite his protests that the weapon he was using was only a stick, Joffrey forces him to pick it up. Joffrey sadistically and slowly slashes the boy's cheek with his sword, prompting Arya to attack him, throwing his sword into the stream. Mycah manages to escape but later is killed by the Hound under the orders of the prince much to Ned Stark's horror.
He is mentioned by the Hound when he is trying to convince Arya to kill him. He says that Mycah "begged for mercy", that he killed him anyways, and that his saddle "smelled like butcher boy for weeks".
|Season One appearances|
|Winter Is Coming||The Kingsroad||Lord Snow||Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things||The Wolf and the Lion|
|A Golden Crown||You Win or You Die||The Pointy End||Baelor||Fire and Blood|
- Arya Stark: "He's a liar and a coward and he killed my friend."
- Sansa Stark: "The Hound killed your friend."
- Arya Stark: "The Hound does whatever the prince tells him to do."
- Sansa Stark: "You're an idiot."
- Arya Stark: "You're a liar, and if you told the truth, Mycah would be alive."
- — Arya and Sansa fight.[src]
- Sandor Clegane: "Looks like their god likes me more than your butcher's boy."
- Arya Stark: "Burn in hell!"
- — Sandor and Arya after he wins the trial by combat.[src]
In the books
After the Hound defeats Beric Dondarrion, he teases Arya by telling her (without the slightest remorse or regret) "I rode him [Mycah] down and cut him in half, and laughed".
According to Jeyne Poole, Mycah has been cut up in so many pieces that his body was brought back to his father in a bag. At first the poor man had thought it was a slaughtered pig.