- Grenn: "We just cower in here while they slaughter our brothers?"
- Edd: "Our brother had orders to stay at Castle Black."
- Grenn: "Oh, so it's alright, then?! Black Jack and Kegs and Mully chopped to pieces because they broke the rules?!"
- Edd: "I didn't say it was alright! I'm saying they shouldn't have been there."
- — Grenn and Eddison Tollett[src]
Along with Kegs and Mully, he travels to the brothel in Mole's Town. They sit drinking and listening to a whore belching out the melodies to popular songs. Jack correctly guesses that she is belching "The Bear and the Maiden Fair". She compliments him on his hearing, but quips that it is a shame that he has a hangnail for a penis. They are later slaughtered when a group of wildlings led by Tormund and Styr attack the village. News of their deaths soon reaches Castle Black.
|Season Four credits|
|Two Swords||The Lion and the Rose||Breaker of Chains||Oathkeeper||First of His Name|
|The Laws of Gods and Men||Mockingbird||The Mountain and the Viper||The Watchers on the Wall||The Children|
In the books
In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, Black Jack Bulwer's background is the same.
Jack Bulwer survives the Battle of Castle Black. At some point he's named First Ranger. Later, Jon sends him and eight more rangers, among them Alliser Thorne, to range beyond the Wall. Bulwer and two of the others (Garth Greyfeather and Hairy Hal) are killed by the wildling raider known as the Weeper, and their eyeless heads are brought to Castle Black.
|Former Lords Commander:|
|Castles of the Watch:|