- "Fire will reign"
House of the Dragon, also known as Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon, is an upcoming Game of Thrones prequel series. It was ordered by HBO in October 2019. House of the Dragon will heavily involve the dragonlord ancestors of Daenerys Targaryen, as well as the Dance of the Dragons. The prequel goes back approximately 200 years to center on the beginning of the end of the once all-powerful dynasty that dominated the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik will serve as showrunners and executive producers. George R.R. Martin, Vince Gerardis, Sara Hess, and Ron Schmidt will also serve as executive producers, with Greg Yaitanes as co-executive producer. The first season will premiere in 2022.
The concept for House of the Dragon was first pitched by George R.R. Martin in the summer of 2016. With the launch of HBO Max in May 2020, the House of the Dragon prequel is based on Martin's bestselling Fire & Blood. The first installment in the prequel book series was published in November 2018. It received a 10-episode straight-to-series order. Miguel Sapochnik will direct the pilot and additional episodes.
- "The prequel series finds the Targaryen dynasty at the absolute apex of its power, with more than 15 dragons under their yoke. Most empires—real and imagined—crumble from such heights. In the case of the Targaryens, their slow fall begins almost 193 years before the events of Game of Thrones, when King Viserys Targaryen breaks with a century of tradition by naming his daughter Rhaenyra heir to the Iron Throne. But when Viserys later fathers a son, the court is shocked when Rhaenyra retains her status as his heir, and seeds of division sow friction across the realm."
- Main article: House of the Dragon Season 1 cast
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen
- Olivia Cooke as Lady Alicent Hightower
- Emma D'Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen
- Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon
- Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Velaryon
- Rhys Ifans as Ser Otto Hightower
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria
- Fabien Frankel as Ser Criston Cole
- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin Strong
- Jefferson Hall as Lord Jason and Ser Tyland Lannister
- David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos
- Graham McTavish as Harrold Westerling
- Matthew Needham as Larys Strong
- Bill Paterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury
- Gavin Spokes as Lord Lyonel Strong
- Wil Johnson as Ser Vaemond Velaryon
- John Macmillan as Ser Laenor Velaryon
- Savannah Steyn as Lady Laena Velaryon
- Leo Suter as TBA
- Freddie Hill as "Corey's Comrade"
- Jonny Weldon as "Samwell"
- Solly McLeod as Joffrey Lonmouth
- Luke and Elliott Tittensor as Arryk and Erryk Cargyll
- Nina Barker-Francis as "Jayne"
- Bijan Daneshmand as "The Priest"
- Edward Rowe as "Howland Sharp"
- Ewan Mitchell as TBA
- George R.R. Martin: co-creator & executive producer
- Ryan Condal: co-creator, executive producer & showrunner
- Miguel Sapochnik: executive producer & showrunner
- Vince Gerardis: executive producer
- Sara Hess: executive producer
- Ron Schmidt: executive producer
- Greg Yaitanes: co-executive producer
- Ramin Djawadi: composer
- Jany Temime: costume designer
- Jim Clay: production designer
- Fabian Wagner: director of photography
- Lauren DeSantis: virtual production coordinator
- Simon Brindle: costume armor supervisor
- David J. Peterson: language consultant
- Michael Dawson: visual effects supervisor
- Daren Bailey: marine coordinator
- Steve Weightman: key grip
- Jack Parry: best boy grip
- Clive Williams: Libra Head technician
- Kate Rhodes James: casting director
Behind the scenes
- House of the Dragon on A Wiki of Ice and Fire
- House of the Dragon on IMDb
- House of the Dragon on Wikipedia
- House of the Dragon Twitter account
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘House Of The Dragon’ Gets Straight To Series Go-Ahead From HBO, Deadline, October 29, 2019
- House of the Dragon at HBO.com
- Official Twitter account: "The series will premiere in 2022". January 1, 2021.
- The Dragons Take Wing George R. R. Martin, Not A Blog, October 30, 2019 - retrieved October 31, 2019
- ‘House Of the Dragon’: Rhys Ifans, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best & Sonoya Mizuno Join HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel
- HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon casts Young Mysaria and others
- Not A Blog, George R.R. Martin, April 15th, 2021.
- ‘House Of The Dragon’: Ryan Corr, Jefferson Hall & David Horovitch Among 7 Cast In ‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Series
- HBO Releases First Official Teaser For HOUSE OF THE DRAGON
- DailyMail, September 16, 2021
- The Last Kingdom star joins cast of House of the Dragon (winteriscoming.net)
|House of the Dragon:||