- "Fire will reign"
House of the Dragon is an upcoming Game of Thrones prequel series. The series was greenlit by HBO in October 2019. House of the Dragon will heavily involve the dragonlord ancestors of Daenerys, as well as the Dance of the Dragons. The prequel goes back approximately 200 years to center on the beginning of the end of the once all-powerful dynasty that dominated the Seven Kingdoms.
Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik will serve as showrunners and executive producers. George R.R. Martin, Vince Gerardis, Sara Hess, and Ron Schmidt will also serve as executive producers, with Greg Yaitanes as co-executive producer. The first season is expected to premiere in 2022.
The concept for House of the Dragon was first pitched by George R.R. Martin in the summer of 2016. With HBO Max gearing to launch next spring, the House of the Dragon prequel is based on Martin's bestselling Fire & Blood. The first installment in the prequel book series was published in November 2018. It received a 10-episode straight-to-series order. Miguel Sapochnik will direct the pilot and additional episodes.
- "The prequel series finds the Targaryen dynasty at the absolute apex of its power, with more than 15 dragons under their yoke. Most empires—real and imagined—crumble from such heights. In the case of the Targaryens, their slow fall begins almost 193 years before the events of Game of Thrones, when King Viserys Targaryen breaks with a century of tradition by naming his daughter Rhaenyra heir to the Iron Throne. But when Viserys later fathers a son, the court is shocked when Rhaenyra retains her status as his heir, and seeds of division sow friction across the realm."
- Paddy Considine as Viserys I Targaryen
- Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower
- Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen
- Steve Toussaint as Corlys Velaryon
- Eve Best as Rhaenys Velaryon
- Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria
- TBA as Criston Cole
- TBA as Harrold Westerling
- George R.R. Martin: co-creator & executive producer
- Ryan Condal: co-creator, executive producer & showrunner
- Miguel Sapochnik: executive producer & showrunner
- Vince Gerardis: executive producer
- Sara Hess: executive producer
- Ron Schmidt: executive producer
- Greg Yaitanes: co-executive producer
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘House Of The Dragon’ Gets Straight To Series Go-Ahead From HBO, Deadline, October 29, 2019
- House of the Dragon at HBO.com
- Official Twitter account: "The series will premiere in 2022". January 1, 2021.
- The Dragons Take Wing George R. R. Martin, Not A Blog, October 30, 2019 - retrieved October 31, 2019
- ‘House Of the Dragon’: Rhys Ifans, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best & Sonoya Mizuno Join HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel
- The Illuminerdi, "House of the Dragon: More Fire and Blood Characters Confirmed for Game of Thrones Prequel"
|House of the Dragon:||