- "Fire will reign"
House of the Dragon is an upcoming Game of Thrones prequel series. The series was greenlit by HBO in October 2019. House of the Dragon will heavily involve the dragonlord ancestors of Daenerys, as well as the Dance of the Dragons. The prequel goes back 300 years to center on the beginning of the end of the once all-powerful dynasty that dominated the Seven Kingdoms.
Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal will serve as showrunners and executive producers. George R.R. Martin, Vince Gerardis, and Casey Bloys will also serve as executive producers. It is expected to premiere in 2022.
The concept for House of the Dragon was first pitched by George R.R. Martin in the summer of 2016. With HBO Max gearing to launch next spring, the House of the Dragon prequel is based on Martin's bestselling Fire & Blood. The first installment in the prequel book series was published in November 2018. It received a 10-episode straight-to-series order. Miguel Sapochnik will direct the pilot and additional episodes.
- Paddy Considine as Viserys I Targaryen
- TBA as Rhaenyra Targaryen
- TBA as Alicent Hightower
- TBA as Daemon Targaryen
- Miguel Sapochnik: executive producer & showrunner
- Ryan Condal: executive producer & showrunner
- George R.R. Martin: executive producer
- Vince Gerardis: executive producer
- Casey Bloys: executive producer
- Miguel Sapochnik: episode 1, additional episodes
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Spinoff ‘House Of The Dragon’ Gets Straight To Series Go-Ahead From HBO, Deadline, October 29, 2019
- The Dragons Take Wing George R. R. Martin, Not A Blog, October 30, 2019 - retrieved October 31, 2019
|House of the Dragon||
|Empire of Ash||