|The title of this article is conjecture based on information revealed in the A Song of Ice and Fire novels or related material and may be subject to change.
Samwell Tarly presents some paperwork to Lord Commander Jon Snow consisting of requests to various noble Houses to send new recruits to the Night's Watch. Few Houses can spare any men during the War of the Five Kings so the Watch is left scraping the bottom of the barrel: the requests are mostly to minor lords that Jon says he hasn't even heard of, including Lord Ashford, Lady Caulfield, Lord Smallwood, Lord Mazin, and Lord Wibberley.
In the books
The house is mentioned in "The Hedge Knight" (the first of the "Dunk and Egg" stories) and in "Fire & Blood".
The Tourney of Ashford, hosted by House Ashford in 209 AC, 90 years before the beginning point of the novels, is where Ser Duncan the Tall first met young Aegon V Targaryen (known as "Egg"), beginning the Tales of Dunk and Egg.
- Ser Alyn Ashford, during the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Ashford, head of the family during the reign of King Daeron II Targaryen.
- Ser Androw Ashford, his eldest son and heir, a knight.
- Ser Robert Ashford, his second son, a knight.
- His unnamed daughter, thirteen years old at the time of the tourney.
Houses from the Reach