- "There is no word for "thank you" in Dothraki."
- ―Jorah Mormont
- Dosh khaleen - Widows of deceased khals, who preside over the Dothraki city of Vaes Dothrak. Wise-women who essentially the leaders of the Dothraki religion.
- Khal - Dothraki warlord.
- Khaleesi - The wife of the khal.
- Khalasar - Dothraki clan or tribe, led by a khal.
- Ko - Kos are lieutenants of a khal, commanding subdivisions of a khalasar. On the death of a khal, a ko may try to become the new khal, or split off his own riders to form a new, smaller khalasar.
- Me nem nesa - "it is known"
- Qoy Qoyi - (literally, "blood of my blood") "Bloodrider", a Dothraki warrior that has pledged his life to the service of a khal.
- Vaes Dothrak - the only Dothraki city, located deep within the Dothraki Sea.
According to an interview with David J. Peterson on Forbes.com in November 2012, there is actually only one line in the Dothraki language in Season 3 of the TV series.
Behind the scenes
The Dothraki language was created by David J. Peterson of the Language Creation Society, and as of May 2011 has a vocabulary of over 2,500 words. He has also worked on other languages for the show, such as Skroth and Asshai'i.