Ciarán Hinds (born February 9, 1953) is a Northern Irish actor. He is best known for his starring role as Gaius Julius Caesar on the HBO series Rome and as Aberforth Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. He has also appeared in the Steven Spielberg film Munich, the British crime drama Above Suspicion, Ivanhoe, and Cold Lazarus. He is also known for his roles as Russian President Alexander Nemerov in the 2002 film adaptation of Tom Clancy's book The Sum of All Fears, as Richard Firmin in the 2004 film version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Phantom of the Opera, and as Roarke/The Devil (alias Mephistopheles) in the 2012 film Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, taking over the role from Peter Fonda. He portrayed Steppenwolf in the 2017 film Justice League, alongside fellow Thrones actors Jason Momoa and Michael McElhatton.
In Game of Thrones he played Mance Rayder. He was announced as a guest star in the third season on August 17, 2012.
- Jonathan Reiss in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
- Richard Firmin in The Phantom of the Opera
- John Fujima in Miami Vice
- Carl in Munich
- Gaius Julius Caesar in Rome
- Fletcher Hamilton in There Will Be Blood
- Aberforth Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- Roy Bland in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Mephistopheles in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
- Bud Hammond in Political Animals
- Sam Daily in The Woman in Black
- Tardos Mors in John Carter
- Steppenwolf in Justice League
- John Franklin in The Terror