154 Votes in Poll
I'm writing a paper about the fact that the GOT universe is different from the Ice and Fire universe. ie the plots stray apart, and George hasn't even finished the books yet. I am curious about how people extrapolate Martin's histories and apply them to the show. Are there any cases where the show clearly overlooks some aspect of the book that makes Martin's lore impossible?
Not gonna lie. True story. People have been telling me about this tv show for many years but I didn't watch it and I have a enormous passion for watching movies and tv shows. When season 8 came out, people have been blowing up my phone and around my surroundings about this tv series and I said what was the fuss, so I waited until season 8, which was the final season to finish so that I can watch it on my own and to this day, I regretted that I haven't watched this show sooner. On February 14, 2020 was the day I actually finished the entire Game of Thrones. Also, there's also something as well, I never have a favorite character in any show but this show has opened my eyes on favorites. I swear to God. My personal Top 10 favorites characters of GOT are:
10. Daenerys Targaryen (placed at 10 because she has been the second most storyline of the series from 1 to 8. Not to mention, she is a true blood badass. Also, there was the scene where her best friend was beheaded, that was when Dany woke the dragon/dark side of her. I believe in good and bad and although it is conflicted, I really enjoy watching Emily Clarke acted out as this character.)
9. Samwell Tarly (because he was the actual first one in the series to kill a White Walker and in addition, most people even his own father treat him like shit. Not to mention, he has the sweetest Wildling as a girlfriend and a stepfather to her child, if that's not badass, I don't know what is.)
8. Ser Jorah Morant (believe me, I know what it feels like when you love someone who doesn't love you back but regarding all that, he still cared for her till the end, plus, he's one of the humblest knights on the series)
7. Sandor Clegane (I know, I know he is a bad man but I don't believe that, Let me explain, although he's an all-down savage at almost anyone, he displays hints of compassion and careness in his own way, he watched over Arya all the time, he could have taken her back to King's Landing so that Cersei and fucking Joffrey (hate the motherfucker) can torment her or worse, but he didn't so. In my opinion, I also understand his pain for what his older brother did to him. Case and point, I respect him, even if he's a savage)
6. Sansa Stark (through the season, she has experienced pain, sorrow and extreme amount of mental torture that most people won't live through a lifetime. Plus, the saddest part of me was when she was betrayed by Littlefinger, sold by the fucking Boltons and to top off that, she was raped by Ramsey. (I prayed that the bastard would die, ironic huh?). In all of that, it wasn't easy with fucking Joffrey or Ramsey, but she held her head high and she put full energy into moving on and with that, I can respect and with that, Hail the Queen of the North!)
5. Jon Snow (he is an character where I have respect for as well as being a total badass because his character inspired me to put absolute courage to yourself and know what's right in yourself. He had couraged in himself, no matter the situation and with that, I can apply to my life.)
4. Ser Davos Seaworth (why I say #4, it's not because of serving Stannis Baratheon, or the things he did on the series, he had shown one of the greatest qualities a person should have to a friend or a king, loyalty. I believe in loyalty from this day to my last day, to God, my friends and my family and he has shown that to Jon Snow and most importantly, he has shown that type of loyalty to Stannis daughter, Shireen. (What pains me is that Ser Davos found out how she died, it brought pain to me because he loved her, as if he was her daughter and she loved him back, cared for him and even taught him how to read and you burned a girl at the stake for a fucking sacrifice. Believe me, if I was in Ser Davos shoes, I'll kill the Red Woman where she stood before asking Jon Snow for execution) That's how I feel with loyalty and most respect will be given to this character.
3. Brienne of Tarth (Well, bring out the sarcasm, hehehe, (lol I'm kidding, I'm kidding) But that's one part of this character I like, sarcasm among other qualities that I mentioned in other characters, such as bravery and a woman of her word. I truly understand where she's coming from because people of the seven kingdoms didn't like the fact of a woman knight, Ppl, I believe in diversity and i'm a guy. My teachings have explained to me that if a man can do it, then a woman can do it as well. I really understand this character and where she's coming from and from this day until my last day, you have my respect.)
2. Arya Stark (There's a true reason why I chose this character as my favorite. One is that although the pains she has gone through over the course of the series, she has grown to be one of the bravest woman on an Tv Series that i've ever known. She is highly motivated she doesn't fear nothing, not even the form of death itself and with that, I can truly apply to my life and I go forward. Not to mention, shshe made a list of persons she's going to kill. Silent but deadly. I like that. That's my reason)
1. Tyrion Lannister (I don't know if this character is a favorite of persons because of his last name, but he is the #1 character, of the entire Game of Thrones that I can truly consider my most favorite. Peter Dinklage has done the unthinkable with this character. I don't know where to begin. Ok ok ok, let me start, his country, his family not to mention his own men, perceived him as a little dwarf monster expect his brother. His fucking brother, of all persons. I have a younger brother and to see how much this character and Jaime cared for each other and looked after each other is truly something that I can apply to my own life because I truly love my brother. His own father treated him like shit (as I said before his family treated him like shit, but not the level of how his father, Tywin treated him,) and I can understand that people outside of your family will not like you and even, they will kill you, but when you are unarmed, and you stated that you wanted your son to die, in front of him with a crossbow, what do you think what was going to happen? Believe me, if my own father states that he wants me dead, he is no father of mine so I'll pretty much do the same thing that Tyrion did. In addition, Tywin slept with the woman he loved. To me, that's extremely painful in the heart but regarding what he went through as a child to the man he is, he is truly a great man in my eyes and with the most important quality a person should have. Wisdom. His wisdom will live on through what we did to what he become. His wisdom, also be applied to my life as well. This actor has done it and if I see this actor, wherever takes me in real life, I would shake his hand. Big respect to Peter!
So throughout the weeks of watching this TV Series, I seriously regret not watching it earlier when people told me about the show. If you are reading this comment all the way to hear a random response from a new grown die hard fan to this show, you are fucking great and respect to you. Thank you for reading my opinion and I wish you good luck of the world. Thank you.
Has anyone bought the Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on dvd or blue-ray?
It has the GoT reunion Conan interview. Please someone post it. 🙏
The ending of the saga, the ending of the era, the last episode of the eighth season and the entire Game of Thrones. Caution: there are a lot of spoilers in the text!
The final episode is surprisingly clearly divided into two equal parts, into two completely different worlds.
The first half is the Daenerys universe. Gray and chilly. Mortally uncomfortable, charred. The black, blood-filled Targaryan flag, as if also charred, fits terribly well into the dark crowds of faceless flawless. The serpentine bends of sharp ruins - the curved jagged silhouette of Drogon, who sits on the ruins of roofs, like a vane-cockerel in a terrible fairy tale.
These post-apocalyptic ruins look like the palaces of the new totalitarian regime. It is joyful in this world only to those on whose side power and strength are. The Dothraki scream, Daenerys screams. Impeccable as a chain broke - we do not take prisoners. Everything is perfect. Dragon Paradise.
With a virtuoso glance, Daenerys's wings literally grow back - you can no longer hide the essence of the dragon. Finally, for the first time on this earth (and, it seems, for the first time in a completely black robe) she is satisfied and happy. And he speaks Valyrian, which only emphasizes her alienness and alienness. A true foreign conqueror. Captured people would be scared to hear such a menacing speech in an incomprehensible, barbaric language. Only trapped left. Around the whole time as if it is snowing. Or is it ashes? Her vision was fulfilled in the house of the Immortals (from the second season): an empty and ruined throne room, fluffy snowflakes. That's for sure winter has come.
If you need more evidence that Daenerys has arrived, how can I say this? - monstrously, this is Tirion weeping over the bodies of his brother and sister, aged and tired. With a steady step, he goes to the queen himself, alone, not waiting until she decides his fate, the first with a confidently furious gesture throws off the right hand badge. “Yes, I freed my brother. ( Pause. ) And you destroyed the city. ” And piercingly, with all the burden of the tragedy that he had been carrying for eight seasons, Daenerys looks in the face. God, so much to survive and again be among the ruins and countless charred corpses.
Like Tyrion, John also needs courage to take a step and approach this trembling dragon. This is a bold step, not because Daenerys is all such a dangerous snow queen, but because a new abyss now divides the two Targaryen. Endless, like a long staircase along which John climbs. The gap between madness and reason, between cruelty and mercy. Like Tyrion, John remains true to himself and goes forward to the end. Suddenly, in the era of the hysterical #MeToo, the story in Game of Thrones turns toward the courage that men are capable of.
John drags himself to meet the queen; from under the snow, as if it were already part of the landscape, the dragon materializes - a hissing, ever-smoldering threat. And Daenerys, meanwhile, finally gets to his cherished dream, more precisely, to its ruins. All human things have already gone from a dream, there are only thousands of swords that are impossible to climb on. The fatal, tragic madness of Daenerys - also an ever-smoldering threat - is best seen just in this scene. She is so pleased, except that she dances around the throne. Cersei, burning a septa and a bunch of people in addition, was also happy, but without this eerie childlike immediacy: “John, look how cool it turned out! ..”
He, as always, will have to do all the dirty work. Tyrion helps to find strength, as Varis once Ned Stark, reminding John of the sisters who could die. John - this is the shield that protects the kingdom of people, you must again stand up to their defense, the dragon does not sleep. You have to kill what you love. The authors of the series give Daenerys a farewell gift in the form of fantastic beauty of the scenes, especially the final one: the poetry of death through the graceful bend of her body, which is held by John (and then the dragon), with a dagger stuck in her heart.
A sensitive and wise dragon, the last fragment of magic that is leaving forever, feels the death of his mother, feels the tragic rightness of John, whom he leaves alone, finds the real culprit and burns with fire on the throne, melting it forever. Drogon cannot support the dragon paradise alone, he flies away and takes his mother with him. Maybe in his real homeland, in Essos? Where both of them were once born from fire. This world has gone its own circle and completed.
What can be opposed to the flames of conquest and the cold of totalitarian impeccability? Exactly in the fortieth minute we see something new. And, as Daenerys said, it’s not easy to see what has not yet happened. It turns out that this world is not pathos, not sterile, certainly not ideal. He is a little clumsy, naive and strange, while warm and calm. https://recruitmentadvert.com
Sam hints at democracy with all his strength, offering everyone the right to vote. Tyrion performs in his favorite genre of "powerful, epic speech that puts everything in its place." The solution comes from afar. What truly unites us? There is nothing stronger than a good story, a Song of Ice and Fire, which no enemy can overcome. We lovers of fantasy, Tolkien and Martin, we know for sure. It is Tyrion, who for the third time takes his favorite right hand post, with the help of John and Drogon who really manages to break the ferris wheel of power. The unflappable know-it-all Bran Broken on the throne is really something new, strange, but at the same time logical and charming. Tyrion explained.
The rumpled, bearded Tyrion generally resembles some kind of ancient Greek philosopher. “I considered myself wise, but it’s not. I thought I knew how to, but I didn’t know ”- this is directly“ I know that I don’t know anything ”in Western Russian. He sums up in a businesslike way: “Nobody is happy. Apparently, this is a good compromise. ”
In fact, everyone is quiet and distressed (is it really a happy ending?). Brienne, who records the heroes of Jamie, reliving her most important journey in life, which will remain with her forever. Bran, who is going to find Drogon ... But what, everyone always told him that he would fly. Even the angry and miserable Gray Worm calms down in his own way and goes to the island of Naat - the birthplace of one beautiful girl. It became somehow unusually quiet, calm.
It seems that the most unbelievable scene of the finale is when Tyrion in the hall of the Royal Council for a long time and reverently rearranges the chairs so that they stand evenly. Incredible for her absurdity and charm at the same time. A good company of our beloved heroes gathered: Tyrion and Davos, snow-white master Meister, blooming Bronn (our castle), Brienne, Knight Podrik - they now solve state issues, get confused, carry nonsense, interrupt each other. All some are terribly awkward, unlike each other. But because of this, they do not forget what humanity is.
Starks are assembled again, say goodbye again. They are the heart of this story and the kings of our hearts. The legitimate ruler of the Six Kingdoms Bran is the lord of memory and self-awareness. Sansa, who did not kneel, is the ruler of the North, embodied dignity. The victorious Arya herself is the queen of life and hope. And finally, and the main king of all the broken rogue and lone bastards John. The ingenious, laconic and slow final dance of the scenes unites them into a single whole: John’s Long Claw, with the virtuoso movement of the camera, turns into Arjina Igloo, followed by a flight to Sansa. The flock lives. In eternity, everyone leaves with what is dear to him more than anything else.
The eternal adventurer Arya sincerely cries on her brother’s shoulder and, under Stark’s sails, goes to where the maps end. Who, if not she, will be able, if she wants, to open some, perhaps, a third, alchemically connecting opposites, a completely new world? Sansa is finally becoming the queen - without any sadistic princes in husbands. With her is now forever the northern comfort of her home, the warmth of the fireplace, daily worries and the red leaves of the hardwood on the dress. And John is a constant Watch, a Ghost, a free wind and the northern expanse. And also wild friends and their young generation, which, like grass weaving through the snow behind the Wall, gives hope for the future. Spring is coming.
The Game of Thrones has ended forever, and it's hard to come to terms with. You can only face the truth (thanks, Sansa!). Daenerys acted like this, and Jamie like that, and George Martin like that, and the authors of the series like that. No one owes nothing to nobody. You can only say thank you to everyone - both the heroes and the creators. A million signatures on a petition demanding (with a demand!) To reschedule the final (which everyone saw just today) is one way to deal with the pain of breaking up. If you say that everything is bad and there’s nothing to say goodbye to, maybe it will not be so hard? But a lot of things remain with us forever.
English and Italian
Il primo film fanfiction girato al castello di Arnara.
The first fanfiction film in the Arnara Castle.( Italy)
PLOT IN ITALIAN AND ENGLISH)
(girato in una vera fortezza medievale...risalente al '900 d.C che si trova ad Arnara (fr)
LA VERA STORIA DI JENNY OF OLDSTONES ( liberamente ispirata ai libri di George R.R. Martin)
( plot in italian and English)
Jenny of Oldstones era una semplice popolana, proveniente da un paesino sperduto arroccato su una collina verdeggiante, che però riuscì a conquistare il cuore dell'erede al trono, Duncan Targaryen, durante uno dei suoi viaggi nei suoi più remoti possedimenti.
Il principe infatti rifiutò di sposare la principessa che gli era stata promessa per unirsi in matrimonio con Jenny.
Questa decisone creò degli screzi con il re Aegon V Targaryen che non tollerava l'idea che il figlio ascendesse al trono con una donna di umili origini al suo fianco e così Duncan rinunciò alla corona pur di non separarsi da Jenny.
Il tempo passò e crebbe l'affetto del popolo per Jenny, la quale venne infine accettata anche dalla famiglia reale.
Gli eventi però presero una piega tragica quando, nella residenza reale di Summerhall, Aegon decise di far schiudere alcune uova di drago: a causa del mancato controllo del fuoco, si generò un terribile incendio in cui morirono il re, Duncan e il comandante delle guardie reali. Il fuoco distrusse tutto il regno di Duncan fino ad arrivare ai suoi più remoti paesini.
L' incendio viene ricordato con il nome di "tragedia di Summerhall": il rogo rase al suolo il palazzo reale e tutto il regno.
Non è ben chiaro se Jenny stessa sia morta in quell'occasione, scappata o rimasta viva e nascosta.
La leggenda narra che sopravvisse e, impazzita per il dolore, scappò rifugiandosi nell' ultima roccaforte rimasta in piedi dopo l' incendio, proprio il paesino sperduto da cui proveniva, dopo mille peripezie che minarono ancora di più la sua salute mentale, già distrutta dal dolore della perdita di tutte le persone amate e della distruzione del regno intero, sentendosi anche responsabile per le migliaia di morti.
Qui si interrompe la leggenda , narrata oralmente, di Jenny e della sua pazzia.
Ma andiamo invece a vedere cosa realmente accadde ed a svelare ciò che rimase segreto ai più.
Dopo che si fu rinchiusa, quindi, all' interno della fortezza in rovina pensando che nessuno avrebbe potuto raggiungerla e preparandosi ad una morte imminente, si dimenticò che, in un momento di delirio, aveva rivelato i suoi piani ad una dama di corte, anch'essa sopravvissuta.
Si racconta che questa dama, legata a Jenny da un profondo affetto, non rassegnandosi per la sua perdita, iniziò a cercarla e la trovò. Finalmente poté riabbracciarla.
La donna vide una Jenny magra ma ancora bella e non ancora impazzita. O almeno così sembrava.
Iniziò a portarle del cibo ed a cercare di convincerla ad uscire. Ma il tempo passò insieme alle stagioni e nonostante le continue visite e le sue parole affettuose la dama iniziò a venire rifiutata, a notare che il cibo portato alla ragazza non veniva più toccato e che Jenny ormai non faceva che vivere dei ricordi che la perseguitavano insieme alle voci dei suoi congiunti morti.
Non credendo ai fantasmi, alla fine la dama, vestita con i suoi abiti di corte che le davano un senso di severità, decise di presentarsi al castello e con la forza strappare una Jenny ormai troppo debole per rifiutarsi, da ciò che lei pensava fossero solo fantasie causate dal trauma, dall' isolamento e dalla scarsa alimentazione.
Ciò che che si trovò davanti invece fu un vero inferno in terra.
Inseguì Jenny nei sotterranei e quello che vide fu una ragazzina ridotta ad uno scheletro, piena di lividi, sporca e con uno sguardo che non lasciava dubbi sullo stato della sua mente.
Nonostante tutto si fece coraggio, le si avvicinò ancora e l' orrore le si palesò davanti.
Solo allora capì che i fantasmi e le voci di cui Jenny parlava erano REALI e non fantasie.
Mani sbucarono dal muro cercando di afferrarla, gemiti si udirono uscire dalle pietre e la stessa Jenny cercò, con sguardo lupesco, di afferrarla per trascinarla nel buio
La dama scappò via in preda ad un feroce panico e, una volta al sicuro, voltandosi vide solo una scia di fumo.
Dopo di che, dal castello, non si udì più alcun rumore..ma misteriosamente rimase disabitato e, lentamente, andò in rovina.
Passarono anni ed anni: la dama allora, non volendo far sparire la memoria della ragazza che aveva tanto amato, scrisse delle strofe cantate sulla sua protetta, raccontandola felice mentre ballava e cantava con i fantasmi delle persone amate. Evitò accuratamente di raccontare la reale storia di Jenny, che la vedeva trasformarsi in un essere folle, blasfemo ed assassino.
La sua ipotetica morte, ovvero un suicidio per mano del fuoco, non ha comunque avuto testimoni, se non un filo di fumo che si alzò dalle segrete.
Nessuno saprà mai chi o cosa sia Jenny of Oldstones.
A #fanmade film about the true story of #jennyofoldstones
Title: Jenny of Oldstones
( shot in a real medieval fortress from 900 which is located in Arnara).
Below the unpublished version of: THE REAL STORY OF JENNY OF OLDSTONES ( inspired by the books of George R. R. Martin).
Jenny of Oldstones was a simple commoner, coming from a remote village on a verdant hill, which managed to steal the heart of the heir to the throne, Duncan Targaryen, during one of his travels in his remote possessions. The Prince, in fact, refused to marry the Princess who had been promised to him and decided to marry Jenny.
This decision created disagreements with King Aegon V Targaryen who didn’t tollerate the idea that his son ascended to the throne alongside a woman of humble origins and so Duncan gave up the crown to stay with Jenny.
Time passed and grew the affection of the people for Jenny, who was finally accepted by the Royal family. The events, however, took a bad turn when, in the residence of Summerhall, King Aegon decided to hatch some dragon eggs: due to lack of control of the fire, a terrible fire broke out in which died the King, Duncan and the commander of the Royal family. The fire destroyed all the kingdom of Duncan up to its most remote countries. The fire is remembered with the name: The Tragedy at Summerhall.
It is not clear if Jenny died in that incident, or has escaped or still remained alive and hidden. The legend tells that survived and, gone mad caused by pain, ran away taking refuge in the last remaining stronghold after the fire, right in the village where she was born; Jenny’s mental health deteriorated, already destroyed by the pain of the loss of all beloved people and the destruction of the entire kingdom, also feeling responsible for the thousands of dead people.
At this point the legend stops, narrated orally, when Jenny gone mad.
But let’s see what really happened and to reveal what remained secret to the most.
After she locked herself up inside the ruined fortress thinking that no one could reach her and preparing herself to imminent death, she forgot that, in a moment of delirium, she had revealed her plans to a court lady, also survived.
It is said that this lady, tied to Jenny from a deep affection, didn’t resign herself to the loss of the girl and for this reason she started looking for her and she found her. Finally the lady could hug Jenny again.
The woman saw a very thin but still beautiful and not yet mad Jenny; or so it seemed.
She started bringing her food trying to convince her to go out. But time passed with the season despite the constant visits and her kind words the lady began to be rejected, she noted that the food was no longer touched; now Jenny lived on memories that haunted her with the voices of her dead relatives.
The woman, who didn’t believe in ghosts, decided to go to the castle wearing her court clothes, which gave her a more sense of severity, in order to take Jenny away from what she thought were just fantasies caused by the trauma of isolation and poor nutrition, but what she found instead was a real hell on earth.
The lady chased Jenny into the basements and what she saw was a girl reduced to skin and bones, bruised, dirty and her eyes left no doubt about her mental health. In spite of everything she took courage, approached her and the horror appeared in front of her.
Only in that moment she understand that the voices and the ghosts Jenny talked about were real and not fantasies.
Hands came out of the wall trying to take her, groans were heard came out of the stones. Jenny searched, with an evil look, to grab the woman and drag her into the darkness.
It was too much.
The woman ran away in panic, and, once safe, she turned and saw a trail of smoke. After that, no sound was heard from the castle.....but misteriously remained uninhabited and, slowly, went to ruin.
Years and years passed: the lady, who didn’t want to make the memory of the girl she loved so much disappear, wrote singing verses. The lady wanted to remember Jenny while she was happy and danced and sang; she carefully avoided telling the real story of Jenny, who saw her turn into a mad, blasphemous and murderous being. Her hypothetical death, that was suicide, didn’t have any witnesses, but only a wisp of smoke that rose from the castle.
No one will ever know who or what is Jenny of Oldstones.
a poster for dragons reborn,
including the likes of
and aerelyx blackfyre.
Dragons Reborn is a Game of Thrones fan-fiction made by me on Wattpad. My username is boltagons, same as here.
It focuses on on the twins aerelyx and aeressa blackfyre, children of lord raegor blackfyre and his late targaryen wife saera. you also will see chapters portrayed from alysanne targaryen, daenerys targaryen, baela targaryen, raegor blackfyre, vaegon blackfyre, and more popularly, daenys waters.
It was just reported that HBO is nearing a pilot order for another 'GoT' prequel series about the fall of House Targaryen. The series will be set 300 years before the events of 'Game of Thrones,' so which figures from Westeros' history would you like to see on screen?
92 Votes in Poll
116 Votes in Poll